The Associate Degree in Medical Billing & Coding program provides the student with the necessary knowledge and skills to apply billing and coding procedures to health insurance companies.
National University College – Online Division offers the following programs:
Explore our programs
› Associate Degree of Nursing (Only Puerto Rico residents)
› Associate Degree in Medical Billing and Coding [new]
|Tuition||Study level||REQUIREMENTS||EstimaTED COST**|
|Puerto Rico and Caribbean †||$170||71||$12,070|
PR and the Caribbean) †
* Eligible US military students enrolled in fully on-line education programs (undergraduate or graduate) are entitled to a discount in the cost per credit ($250 per credit) as disclosed in the current institutional catalog.
** Total estimated cost.
*** Costs vary per program.
This program is offered in the following languages:
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Billing Coordinator
- Accounts Payable Officer
- Billing Officer
- Private practice in medical offices and independently
- Practice in health scenarios in the public and private sectors
For additional career options, click here.
(Source: : Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor)
The graduate from the Associate’s Degree in Medical Billing and Coding Program will be able to:
- Effectively communicate in Spanish and English, both orally and in writing, , thereby developing creativity and sensitivity for assertive communication.
- Critically analyze the economic, sociological, ethical, and political issues of the modern world in order to contribute to society and improve quality of life.
- Effectively identify medical procedures according to their specialty in order to process service billing and coding.
- Ethically interpret the necessary reports to ensure accurate billing and collection claims for services rendered.
- Efficiently use technology for the analysis and decision making process as medical biller.
National University College is committed to giving students the necessary information to help them make the right decisions in regards to their education.
To request additional information about this study program, click here.