Bachelor Degree in Science in Psychology
Future Start DateOctober 25
Following the curricular sequence
The Bachelor’s Program in Psychology Sciences will train the student in the scientific study of individual and collective behavior based on the biopsychosocial approach. Also, the student will develop knowledge and skills related to the basic foundations of the main subfields of psychology, research methodologies and clinical evaluation. The program is available in English and Spanish.
- Personality disorders
- Social psychology
- Crisis intervention
- Industrial Organizational Psychology
- Introduction to Test Construction
- Experimental psychology
- Writing Techniques in Psychology
- Law and Mental Health
- Psychotherapeutic Models and Techniques
- Altered Development and Functional Diversity
- Integrated Psychology Seminar
Possible Employment Opportunities
- Social technician in health programs mental
- Case manager
- Socio-criminal technician
- Therapeutic assistant in centers of rehabilitation in different public or private agencies
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Apply theoretical, methodological and practical knowledge about the various currents of psychological thought in their professional performance as a specialist in human behavior.
- Communicate ideas clearly, effectively and assertively, in writing, verbally or non-verbally, in their individual roles or within a multi- and interdisciplinary team.
- Logically and critically analyze the information derived from research methods and biological, cognitive, affective or behavioral processes in relation to empirically validated procedures, in the proactive care of situations that afflict the individual, either in taking decisions, conflict management or problem solving.
- Integrate technological means in the search and processing of reliable information in a critical, ethical, legal and systematic way in their professional practice.
- Demonstrate ethical and moral behavior in their professional performance, which is free of prejudice and guided by a high sense of social responsibility and in compliance with current regulations and laws, while valuing human experiences, diversity and promoting well-being, empathy and inclusion.