Associate Degree in Medical Billing and Coding
Following the curricular sequence
The Associate Degree in Medical Billing & Coding Program provides the student with the necessary knowledge and skills to apply billing and coding procedures to health insurance companies.
- Medical Billing Coding
- Medical Billing Systems
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Services Administration
- Electronic Medical Record
- Medical Auditing
Possible Employment Opportunities
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Billing Coordinator
- Accounts Payable Officer
- Billing Officer
- Private practice in medical offices and independently
- Practice in health scenarios in the public and private sectors
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Effectively communicate in Spanish and English, both in oral and written forms, while developing creativity and sensitivity toward an assertive communication.
- Critically analyze the economic, sociological, ethical, and political issues of the modern world in order to contribute to society and improve the quality of life.
- Effectively identify medical procedures according to their specialty in order to process billing and coding for services rendered.
- Ethically interpret the necessary reports to ensure accurate billing and collection claims for services rendered.
- Efficiently use technology for the analysis and decision-making process as a medical biller.