The Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice with a major in Homeland Security, equips students with the theoretical knowledge, leadership skills and innovative technological advances necessary to carry out the investigation process, have effective communication, possess investigative judgment and have judicial knowledge to make effective decisions in regards to mechanisms used for the security of the United States as well as its nearby territories.
National University College – Online Division offers the following programs:
› Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice
› Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice with a major in Cyber Crimes
› Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice with a major in Forensic Investigation
› Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice with a major in Homeland Security
› Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice with a major in Human Services
|Tuition||Study level||REQUIREMENTS||EstimaTED COST**|
|Puerto Rico and Caribbean †||$175||120||$22,125|
PR and the Caribbean) †
* Eligible US military students enrolled in fully on-line education programs (undergraduate) qualify for a discounted tuition rate of $275.00 per credit subject to comply with the documents required in the admissions process in accordance with the tuition and fees schedule disclosed in the current institutional catalog.
** Total estimated cost.
*** Costs vary per program.
This program is offered in the following languages:
Discover today’s demand for professionals in this area:
- Agents and investigators at a federal level in the various agencies that comprise the Department of Homeland Security: Customs and Border Protection Agency, Secret Service, Customs and Immigration Enforcement, Transport Security Administration, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Coast Guard and Immigration Services.
For additional career options, click here.
(Source: : Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor)
Competencies that can be developed through the program:
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing or verbally, in Spanish and English as a second language, developing creativity and sensibility.
- Ability to critically analyze problems, taking into account cultural diversity and a variety of social scenarios by exhibiting and promoting tolerance and acceptance.
- Capacity to apply mathematical reasoning and analysis of statistical data with the purpose of investigating, documenting and making ethical and assertive decisions.
- Ability to integrate technology in the search and processing of information in a way that is critical, ethical and systematic, while evaluating its relevance on a personal and professional level.
- Analyzing, applying and relating doctrines, principles, issues and judicial ordering processes to consider the nature of a felony while comparing the functioning, organization and integration of the criminal justice system in federal and state jurisdictions.
- Applying field investigation processes to collect the necessary information from a crime scene, using data collection techniques to draft precise reports that meet with all parameters to carry out a successful criminal investigation.
- Ability to argument in favor of the best mechanisms used to ensure natural security in topics such as terrorism, immigration, natural disasters, transportation safety, fraud, forgery and cyber security for the United States as well as unincorporated territories of the United Stated.
National University College is committed to giving students the necessary information to help them make the right decisions in regards to their education.