Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice with major in Homeland Security
Following the curricular sequence
The Bachelor’s program in Criminal Justice with Major in Homeland Security prepares the student with the necessary theoretical knowledge, leadership skills, legal knowledge, investigative and communication skills, and innovative technological advances needed for the protection of U.S. security, as well as in unincorporated territories.
- Forensic Psychology
- Introduction to Homeland Security
- Homeland Security Agencies
- Aviation Security
- Cyber Security
Possible Employment Opportunities
- Agents and investigators at a federal level in the various agencies that comprise the Department of Homeland Security: Customs and Border Protection Agency, Secret Service, Customs and Immigration Enforcement, Transport Security Administration, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Coast Guard and Immigration Services.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Apply theoretical and practical knowledge about the different procedures and techniques in the criminal justice field, safeguarding the due process of law.
- Effectively communicate facts and data related to their professional field in written, verbal, ornonverbal form.
- Solve simulated or real events and situations, considering the nature of the crime through the application of critical and creative thinking, mathematical reasoning, and statistical data analysis.
- Integrate technological means for research and processing reliable information in a critical, ethical, legal, and systematic manner in their professional performance.
- Value human experiences and diversity, free of prejudice, with empathy and inclusion when practicing their profession.
- Analyze homeland security policy in regards to planning and operations aimed at protecting the United States and its territories from external threats, the operational components and infrastructure dedicated to providing intelligence services, customs and border protection, security and technological communications, and planning and operations in threat scenarios and natural or man-made disasters preserving the integrity of the economic system and protecting citizens.