A Master’s in Education with major in Educational Leadership will develop in students the knowledge, skills and abilities they need to:
- Perform as leaders of transformation in public and private education organizations in an ethical, efficient and productive manner.
- Promote school environment conducive to higher learning on behalf of all constituents through innovative instructional and administrative practices.
- Nurture the preparation and strengthening of a learning community that is in constant development and will also promote the creation and maintenance of an organizational culture oriented to the highest quality of service to all their clients. This will be characterized by an attitude that favors collaboration, participation and a sense of commitment and responsibility on the part of all participants of this community.
This academic program takes into account the six standards that define the role of educational leaders, which were adopted from the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC). It also incorporates elements of investigation, reflection, the application of practical concepts and innovative instructional strategies.
National University College – Online Division offers the following programs:
*Accredited Program by Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC)
|Tuition||Study level||REQUIREMENTS||EstimaTED COST**|
|Puerto Rico and Caribbean †||$180||39||$7,020|
PR and the Caribbean) †
* Elegible US military students enrolled in fully on-line education programs (undergraduate or graduate) are entitled to a discount in the cost per credit ($275 per credit) as disclosed in the current institutional catalogue.
** Total estimated cost.
*** Costs vary per program.
This program is offered in the following languages:
- Director of public and private schools (grades K-12)
- Director of higher education institutions
- Education Services Manager
- Education Consultant
For additional career options, click here.
(Source: : Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor)
Competencies that can be developed through the program:
- Applying managerial principles in the analysis and solution of educational problems.
- Planning and implementing innovative projects to promote educational change.
- Promoting continuous and systematic growth at a professional and organizational level.
- Developing a culture of reflection and learning among all members of the school community.
- Designing innovative educational interventions at a curriculum or administrative level.
- Having an open mind to research processes.
- Delving deeper into his or her knowledge of the general operations of educational institutions and in particular the role of the school director in realms of school life.
- Thinking logically, with a critical sense, and passing well-founded judgment that allows him or her to contribute to the continued improvement of education.
National University College is committed to giving students the necessary information to help them make the right decisions in regards to their education.
To request additional information about this study program, click here.