Associate Degree in Accounting
Future Start DateOctober 25
Following the curricular sequence
The Associate’s Degree in Accounting trains students in the knowledge and skills needed to perform the tasks related to the profession of accounting, including the analysis of financial statements and bookkeeping. This program provides students with learning experiences through the use of technology to ensure their success in modern businesses.
- Introduction to Accounting
- Accounting I and II
- Intermediate Accounting
- Computerized Accounting and Laboratory
- Finance and Cash Control
- Human relations
Possible Employment Opportunities
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounting Clerk
- Payroll Officers
- Billing and Collections Officer
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Apply complete accounting cycle knowledge in individual and corporate businesses, including the preparation of financial statements for decision making and problem solving.
- Communicate effectively in verbal and written Spanish and English, developing creativity and sensibility for assertive communication.
- Critically analyze economic problems, such as tax environment implications, observing the code of professional ethics while considering sociological and political changes of the contemporary world.
- Efficiently apply technology in the performance of their functions within the areas of public or private accounting.