Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice with major in Forensic Investigation
Following the curricular sequence
The Bachelor’s program in Criminal Justice with Major in Forensic Investigation prepares the student with basic knowledge and skills necessary for the use of science and/or technology in the investigation and establishment of facts or evidence to be used in criminal cases or other investigative procedures.
Possible Employment Opportunities
- Forensic investigators at a state, local or federal level in regards to the investigation process
- Analysis and crime scene reconstruction
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Apply theoretical and practical knowledge about the different procedures and techniques in the criminal justice field, safeguarding the due process of law.
- Effectively communicate facts and data related to their professional field in written, verbal, or nonverbal form.
- Solve simulated or real events and situations, considering the nature of the crime through the application of critical and creative thinking, mathematical reasoning, and statistical data analysis.
- Integrate technological means for research and processing reliable information in a critical, ethical, legal, and systematic manner in their professional performance.
- Value human experiences and diversity, free of prejudice, with empathy and inclusion when practicing their profession.
- Examine the criminal investigation process, techniques, and skills necessary in a crime laboratory by applying crime scene investigation techniques, record keeping, collection, packaging, and preservation for scene reconstruction and physical evidence analysis in order to prove the guilt of the perpetrator.