Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice
Future Start DateOctober 25
Following the curricular sequence
The Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice trains students in the legal, social, and investigative processes of the criminal justice system, safeguarding the rights of victims, witnesses, suspects, and the accused, as well as the processes of rehabilitation and treatment. Students will apply different interview, interrogation, and court statement techniques, as well as procedures in the investigative, procedural, criminal, ethical, and legal areas, and in fields related to human behavior. Furthermore, students will develop skills in the drafting of reports and management of different types of evidence to be presented before a court of law, in compliance with the due process of law.
- Electronic Evidence
- Emotional Intelligence: Managing Stressful Situations
- Drug Addiction and Crime
- Leadership, Criminal Justice, and Public Safety
- Penology and Correctional System
- Information Systems Management in Criminal Justice System
- White Collar Crimes and Fraud Detection
Possible Employment Opportunities
- State Police Officers
- Municipal Police Officers
- Treasury Department Investigators
- Process server
- Private process server
- Conflict Mediator
- Legal Interceptors
- Correctional Officer
- Legal Assistant
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Apply theoretical and practical knowledge about the different procedures in the criminal justice field, safeguarding the due process of law.
- Effectively communicate events and data related to their professional field in written, verbal, and non-verbal manners.
- Propose solutions for simulated or real events and situations, taking into consideration the nature of the crime through the application of critical and creative thinking, mathematic reasoning, and statistical data analysis.
- Identify technological means for the research and processing of trustworthy information in a critical, ethical, legal, and systematic manner in their professional performance.
- Value human experiences and diversity, free of prejudice, with empathy and inclusion when exerting their profession.
Bruce Suerio / Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice
THANK YOU! Without the support and education received at NUC University, I would not have been able to be admitted to the law schools of two large universities in the country.