Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with major in Accounting
3 years and a half
Following the curricular sequence
The Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with Major in Accounting trains students in the knowledge and skills necessary to perform in entry-level business administration with an emphasis in accounting. Furthermore, students will be prepared with the analysis, research, synthesis, and interpretation skills of the accounting cycle from the approach of costs, tax, and forensic, operational, and systems audit for decision making. In addition, students will learn accounting theory and principles applicable to government and non-profit organizations, as well as an understanding of the technology involved in the configuration of an accounting information system.
Possible Employment Opportunities
- Accounting Assistant
- Payroll Officer
- Payment Supervisor
- Accounts Payable Manager
- Internal Auditor
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Apply theoretical and practical knowledge of the complete accounting cycle in individual and corporate businesses, the government, and non-profit entities in order to generate financial information to be used in decision making and problem solving.
- Logically and critically analyze financial information resulting from procedures related to cost accounting, tax aspects, and company audit processes.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing in Spanish and English, developing creativity and sensibility for an assertive communication.
- Use technological and informative means that facilitate the company’s accounting management in order to produce trustworthy and useful information for operations and financial resources management.
- Demonstrate, as an accounting professional, collaborative work skills with a high sense of responsibility, legal compliance, respect for diversity, and good moral and ethical judgment.