Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with Major in Healthcare Management
Following the curricular sequence
The Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with major in Healthcare Management prepares students with the knowledge and skills necessary to apply management principles in administration, assume strategic positions, both operational or personnel in any healthcare organization.
- Healthcare Policies Planning and Management
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Services Administration
- Organizational Leadership
- Information Services in Health Service Organizations
- Finance in Health Service Organizations
Possible Employment Opportunities
- Healthcare Administrator or Manager
- Operations Manager
- Healthcare Center Administrator or Director
- Program Administrator
- Medical Office Manager
- Healthcare Center Project Manager
- Assistant to the Healthcare Center Administrator”
The student graduating will be able to:
- Communicate effectively, in oral and written form, in English and in Spanish, while employing creativity and sensibility towards an assertive communication.
- Critically analyze the economic, sociological, ethical, and political problems in the world to help contribute to society and improve the quality of life.
- Creatively apply knowledge and skills in the performance of his/her duties as professionals in management or staff positions in healthcare centers.
- Efficiently use technology and other media to search for information for the analysis and decision-making processes in businesses.
- Explain the nature of healthcare systems, such as healthcare centers and providers, as well as medical record and billing practices, among others.
- Evaluate legal, ethical, and regulatory challenges the healthcare industry faces to implement solutions effectively and with a sense of duty.