Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology with major in Software Analysis and Development
Following the curricular sequence
The Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology with major in Software Analysis and Development prepares students with the necessary knowledge and skills for the application of methodologies for software development to help solve problems within companies. This degree will also enable students to create applications using various programming languages with an additional focus on systems development, databases, and web technology.
- Software Quality Control and Testing
- Software Development for Mobile Devices
- Advanced Web Application Programming
- Introduction to Electronic Commerce and Lab.
- Data Base Management and Laboratory
Possible Employment Opportunities
- Applications Developer
- Systems Analyst
- Software Quality Control Analyst
- Software Developer
- Technical Consultant
- Application Integration Engineer
- Database Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Information Systems Manager
The student graduating will be able to:
- Ability to communicate effectively, in oral and written form, in English and in Spanish, while employing creativity and sensibility towards an assertive communication.
- Critically analyze economic, sociological, ethical, and political problems in the world to contribute to society and improve the quality of life.
- Creatively apply his/her knowledge and skills in the design, implementation, and development of technological systems that offer solutions to computer problems in the company.
- Apply his/her knowledge and skills in the analysis and development of software, while elaborating, defending arguments, and identifying problems in the area of information technology for the decision-making process.
- Apply project management principles to design information technology solutions in business environments.
- Develop ethical and socially responsible solutions in the analysis, design, development, and implementation of information technology projects for software analysis and development.