Associate Degree in Network Technology and Applications Development
Following the curricular sequence
The Associate’s Degree in Network Technology and Applications Development will equip students with the basic skills to work with the architecture and administration of communication networks. Also, students will recognize the process of applications development in various programming languages and will design websites.
- Web Page Design and Lab.
- Networks Administration and Lab.
- Data Communications and Lab.
- Data Base Design and Lab.
- Diagnostic & Maintenance of Computer Systems and Lab
Possible Employment Opportunities
- Assistant to the Information Systems Analyst
- Computing Center Technician
- Database Manager
- Local Area Network Administrator (ADN)
- Network Setup and Configuration
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in written and oral form, in English as a second language and in Spanish, developing creativity and sensibility toward assertive communication.
- Critically analyze the economics, sociological, ethical and political problems in the modern world, thus contributing to society and improving the quality of life.
- Develop skills related to the access and processing of information as well as how to administer application programs, such as: text processing, spreadsheet and databases.
- Install and configure physical and logical components of computers, as well as their diagnosis and maintenance.
- Design and develop applications for various platforms (web and desktop), responding to the needs of users and in compliance with ethical values.
- Install, configure and administer networks to provide support to the communication systems in companies.